How true it is. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Bruce Lee
As you think about what you need to get done, you could be spending that time actually doing it.
Here are seven ways you can be more productive, so that you can get things done and start living the life you want.
- Plan to spend only 30 minutes to an hour to work on a bigger project. I recently emptied out a storage closet and had several boxes of files. I committed to an hour a day to get the boxes sorted through and scanned and it actually took less than a week.
- Eating health will improve productivity. You’ll have more energy and alertness. You will also sleep better leading to better concentration.
- Start your day the night before. Having a few minutes of quiet time to review the activities of the next day, will keep you focused and keep your prepared, saving time and energy.
- Get organized. Being organized will definitely help you be more organized and you’ll feel so much more relaxed. Too overwhelming, hire someone. The cost will soon be forgotten as you will have so much more time to enjoy.
- Take time in the morning for yourself. I find that when I jump out of bed and go, I never seem to catch my breath for the day. My best days are those where I take my time enjoying my breakfast, some meditative reading, and am relaxed getting ready. That day starter helps me to be more productive all day.
- Get a system. Find one system that works for you. For example, I have a book where I track all of my social media posts and photos. This system helps me stay focused on my messages.
- Be true to yourself. If you are not absolutely loving what you are doing every day, you will not be as productive as you could be. Find your passion and focus on what you can do to achieve that lifestyle. Knowing you have a purpose will force you to make the most of your free time.
Keep it simple as you go through your week. Celebrate your successes and remember it’s a journey.
What do you do to keep productive at work?