Make it Happen in 2023 with this super-practical gift: set a high level annual vision for your career or business—then chunk it down into small manageable pieces, week by week.
Professional Title or Business Name: __________________________________
Today’s Date: __________________
Professional Title or Business Name: __________________________________ Today’s Date: __________________
Part 1 – Set the Stage
My Theme for this Year is __________________________________________________________________________
1. Where do you want your Career or Business to be in 10 years?
If you’ve done business visioning exercises, now is a great time to review them. So, it’s 10 years from now. Think big picture: Where, ideally, do you want to be? Be realistic but also inspired – think POSSIBILITY not probability. Take a moment to really visualize it, what will your business will look like, feel like, what might you be hearing, seeing?
2. What do you WANT for your career or business, but don’t have yet? Anything from financial success to a type or number of clients, joint ventures, equipment, employees.
3. What do you HAVE in your career or business, but don’t want? Eg. things that waste time, money, get in the way of success – anything that adds stress or cost without reward.
4. What’s most important to you in the next year? My Top 3 Career or Business Priorities are:
Part 2 – Set your Goals!
Goals to be completed no later than _______ / _______________ / ________ (one year from now)
|5a. If you did nothing else, WHAT 3 things would make this coming year a career or business success? What would you be disappointed you DIDN’T achieve? Be SPECIFIC!||5b. WHY bother?What outcomes are you looking for? WHY this goal? What are the BENEFITS to you or your business?||5c. WHEN will you achieve it by? Note: Pick a date to aim for that inspires, but does not drain you.||5d. HOW will you know you achieved this goal? How can you measure it?|
6. Identify 7 Secondary Goals – for a total of 10 Career or Business Goals
Notes for setting Secondary Goals:
- These goals are a secondary focus of your career or business. They may be small things that have been ‘niggling’ at you for some time, they may be stepping stones to longer-term goals, or they may be large goals in themselves.
- The key here is that they are important enough to you to be worth writing down and working towards.
- These goals must be distinct from the primary 3 goals.
- You must be able to state the goal in one sentence.
- The goals need to be specific, and measurable in some way – with the measure as part of the goal.
Part 3 – Preparing for Success
7c. What is the best advice I could give myself to achieve these goals?
7a. Success Accelerators
What can I start doing, stop doing, do more or less of that will help me achieve these business goals?
7b. Smash those Obstacles
What could get in the way? If you were going to sabotage yourself how would you do it?
Part 4 – Taking Action
8. So, what ONE thing will you do to get started on EACH goal in the next month?
Write out just ONE action you will complete towards EACH goal in the NEXT MONTH. This is the FIRST STEP. Break the action down into smaller steps or actions until you can commit 100%. If you want to do more than one action, great, but there must be a minimum of ONE.
GOAL 1 Action ___________________________________________ by __________________
GOAL 2 Action ___________________________________________ by __________________
GOAL 3 Action ___________________________________________ by __________________
And finally, what ONE action could I take tomorrow? _________________________________
Part 5 – Support and Commitment
9. WHO will help & support me? What KEY support do I need?
For example, your personal trainer, coach, friend, gym partner, family, and work colleague. Get specific as to how they can support you.
1. Who _______________________________ HOW Specifically? ____________________________
2. Who _______________________________ HOW Specifically? ____________________________
3. Who _______________________________ HOW Specifically? ____________________________
10. Who will you have to BE to achieve these goals? ___________________________________
11. How likely OUT OF 10 do you feel it is that you will achieve these goals? ____ / 10
WHEN your score is 8 or more – you have a plan.
12. IF your score is LESS THAN 8 ask, “What, that I perhaps haven’t mentioned yet, might stop me from achieving this goal?” Then ask, “What am I prepared to do about it?” until you reach 8 or more.
❑ I am committed to achieving these goals Signed _____________________________
Want to Talk About Your 2023 Goals? Join Me Here